MecklerMedia’s Inside 3D Printing Conference & Expo has announced keynote speakers from Stratasys, Autodesk and 3D Systems for this year’s show in Santa Clara; taking place 20th to 22nd October.
The first three confirmed speakers are:
- Richard Garrity, VP & General Manager, Vertical Solutions, Stratasys.
- Scott Summit, Design Director, 3D Systems.
- Benjamin Schrauwen, Director, Spark Platform and Products, Autodesk.
- Mike Rothenberg, Founder & CEO,Rothenberg Ventures & River Studios
The agenda has been programmed by Hod Lipson, Professor, Columbia University in New York City.
3D Printing Tacks
MecklerMedia has decided to launch a new format for the conference agenda called 3D Printing Tracks.
This format allows participants and attendees to personalize their experience at the conference. The new structure offers content tracks which are focussed with in-depth analysis and takeaways covering applications in several industry verticals. These include art, business, manufacturing, medicine, metal, scanners, and a whole lot more. Attendees can purchase track passes for access to specific verticals of interest. In addition, there are also Gold and Silver Passports available which give access to all tracks sessions.
3D Printing Expo & Conference Features
The Inside 3D Printing event in Santa Clara will be featuring:
- A full day of tutorials.
- A startup competition.
- Consulting dinner hosted by Terry Wohlers
- A Virtual Reality Summit (21st October)
Partnership With Asimov Ventures
For the Inside 3D Printing Startup Competition, MecklerMedia has announced a partnership with Asimov Ventures – a leading early-stage venture capital firm focussed on technology). This will take place on 22nd October. The competition features presentations given by 5-10 startups covering an array of products and services.
Past winners of the competition include: 3D Hubs (NYC 2014); Wiivv Wearables (CA 2014); and Osiris Biomedical (NYC 2015). This year’s winner will be awarded a $15,000 prize, courtesy of Asimov Ventures. Startup enterprises wishing to be part of the competiton should e-mail [email protected]
Virtual Reality Summit
A summit on VR will also be taking place at the Santa Clara event this year. The VR summit will be bringing together a group of hand-picked thought leaders representing the ‘best of the best’.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jared Baer, COO, 5DT
- Jarratt Carson, Executive Producer of Global Content, CMO, Greenfish Labs
- Carolina Cruz-Neria, Ph.D., Director of the Emerging Analytics Center, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Mike Rothenberg, Founder & CEO,Rothenberg Ventures & River Studios (keynote speaker)
- Clifton Dawson, CEO, GreenLight VR
- Jeffrey Jacobson, Ph.D., Founder & President, EnterpriseVR
- Marc-O Lepage, COO & Co-Founder, Vrvana
- Jacquelyn Ford Morie, Founder and Chief Scientist, All These Worlds
- Tony Parisi, Founder, Third Eye
- Albert “Skip” Rizzo, Ph.D., Director of Medical VR Research, The USC Institute for Creative Technologies
- Daniel Surya, CEO, WIR Global
The program discussion will span the continuum of VR — the investment and business development paradigms, platform technologies, software, applications, content development ecosystems, and markets.
The Virtual Reality Summit sessions take place on October 21, while VR exhibits remain open throughout 21st-22nd October.
Official 3D Print Week California
The Inside 3D Printing Conference & Expo in Santa Clara is part of the official 3D Print Week California series of events. The events takes place between the 19th and 23rd October at various locations around San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Additional events include the 3D Print Design Show on October 21-22, and the Virtual Reality Summit on October 21.
Prices will be increasing on 26th August, so please register for the Santa Clara 3D printing event as soon as poosible to get your lower price.